Leadership and excellence locally and regionally in providing advisory services and smart solutions in the fields of Information Technology.
Enhancing the contribution of the CCIS to the development of the knowledge economy through distinguished and diversified training, technical and advisory services in order to achieve sustainable development that allows the transfer of knowledge between the college’s faculty and private and public sectors.
- Establishing a unified point of contact that allows private/public sectors to benefit from the expertise of the college’s faculty.
- Reducing the gap between the college and the industrial and technical environment.
- Building sustainable partnerships with governmental and private sectors.
- Developing distinguished and diversified training services.
- Enhance faculty and student exposure to the needs of the labor market.
- Contribute to the support and development of the knowledge economy by providing distinguished technical projects.
- Training programs
Provide training courses and workshops that meet the needs of the beneficiaries.
Training courses and workshops include the latest information technology disciplines such as data science, artificial intelligence, and cyber security, with the possibility of customizing the objectives and content of the training package to comply with the requirements of the beneficiary.
Training courses and workshops are offered during flexible periods (morning or evening) according to the requirements of the beneficiary.
Provide summer programs that include modern technical fields, allowing participants to benefit from the college's resources and educational environment during the summer vacation.
- Consultation services
- Activating and strengthening the partnerships between external parties and King Saud University represented by King Abdullah Institute for Research and Consulting Studies by providing consulting and training services in the latest fields of information technology to cover the needs and support the work of the beneficiaries.
- Work to build new partnerships with various public and private entities to ensure the sustainability of providing training services and technical advice.
- Projects and technical solutions
- Provide projects and technical solutions by implementing work teams from the college faculty to achieve the requirements of the beneficiaries.
- Submit project proposals to win the relevant bids submitted to the King Abdullah Institute for Research and Consulting Studies from various entities in the public and private sectors.
- Participation in the formulation of beneficiaries’ technical offers when they submit requests for proposals.
- Participation in committees to study and arbitrate technical offers submitted to the beneficiaries.
- Project management as well as technical supervision and scientific review of its outputs.
- Research and studies
- Provide support in establishing and developing research activities in the areas of the beneficiaries to ensure optimal use of the latest relevant technologies.
- Provide technical solutions for the beneficiaries’ research and development units.
- Participation in research projects in partnership with various entities from the private and public sectors.
- Academic programs accreditation
- Designing study plans for academic programs in computer majors according to the recommendations of the ACM / IEEE and the requirements of the Saudi Arabia Qualifications Framework (SAQF) and what works in relevant universities.
- Review study plans for academic programs in computer majors according to the latest developments in the field and the needs of the market.
- Provide support and training to accompany educational institutions in all stages of preparation and application for national and international academic accreditation for their academic programs in various computer disciplines.
- Support educational institutions in preparing self-study and other re-accreditation requirements of their academic programs in various computer disciplines.
- Arbitration of academic programs and their compatibility with the requirements of national and international accreditation.
- Summer workshops
- Offer a 2-6 weeks summer school (similar to most prestigious international universities), during which students discover university life and the latest computer specializations. The course aims to introduce students to the majors, tracks and courses taught in the college, in order to help them to objectively determine their goals and future choices.
- Resources utilization
- It is possible to make use of the college’s halls/laboratories during vacations by making them available to external entities.
Head unit / Dr. Norah Al-Rossais
Unit email/ ccisBusiness@ksu.edu.sa