Regular Master (Non Thesis)
Program info | Program Objectives | Admission | Study plan
NAME OF THE PROGRAM
Master of Science in Information Systems.
REQUIREMENTS FOR FULFILLING THE DEGREE
To fullfill the Non-Thesis Option degree the student must:
- Complete 42 credit hours:
- 33 required credits.
- 9 elective credits.
Program Educational Objectives:
- Deliver a solid curriculum in information Systems, which conforms to guidelines laid down by the Deanship of Graduate Studies at King Saud University.
- Prepare qualified students for further higher education opportunities.
- Prepare students to conducte applied research that has direct impact on the concerns of the local community.
- Supply local industries and educational systems with a qualified IT workforce.
- Providing varieties of topics to students so that they can pick and choose from the various elective topics and emphasis areas that best fit their future career endeavors.
- Applicant must hold a full-time bachelor's degree in information systems, software engineering, comuter sciences, computer engineering, IT disciplines from the following colleges: (Engineering, Architecture and Planning, Science, Business Adminidtration), or educational computer, from KSU or any accredited university, with a minimum oa an "Above Average" (3.25/5) GPA or equivalent; for relevant disciplines, the applicant must refer to the concerned department before starting the application process on the elecronic portal.
- A score of at least 70 in General Aptitude Test (Quiantitative Section) or at least 144 in the GRE-General test (Quiantitative Section).
- A score of at least 4 in the IELTES_Academic test or equivalent.