College Agency for Graduate Studies and Scientific Research
Prof. Yousef Ajami Alotaibi
Dear colleagues, staff, and students, and other respected (this) homepage viewers … Salam Alaikum
As the head of the Vice-Deanship for Graduate Studies and Scientific Research (VD4GS&SR) at the College of Computer Science and Information (CCIS), I want to state following statements for communication between VD4GS&SR and its employees in one side, and the departments, faculty members, students and postgraduate students at CCIS in the other side. First of all, we want to emphasize that this VD4GS&SR is serving important ingredients in our college which are the various graduate programs, departments that provide these programs, professors who carry out the academic, teaching and supervision of our students, and the last (but not the least) our male and female students. Also, VD4GS&SR may be considered as the link between these mentioned CCIS sectors and the deanship of CCIS and the Deanship of Graduate Studies (DGS) at the university. In addition to that, the VD4GS&SR mission is to support and organize scientific research and coordination between departments, professors and graduate students in benefiting from the university's support for scientific research granted and supervised by the Deanship of Scientific Research (DSR) and the Vice Rectorate for Graduate Studies and Scientific Research (VRGSSR).
The goals of VD4GS&SR and CCSI academic departments are to implement, organize, develop, and interpret university and the college bylaws and regulations for the sake of enhancing the quality and benefit of each of the graduate programs and scientific research. Also this will fruit in the positive direction of what the college and university are targeting with respect to academic and institutional accreditation. Therefore, we have designed VD4GS&SR website to contain all the regulations, templates, and announcements supplied by departments, CCIS, and DGS for staff and students. The regulations, templates, and advertisements will be continuously updated and managed so that they are easily accessible to everyone, whether they are departments, professors, students or students. In addition to the phone numbers of the college and VD4GS&SR, a dedicated email account will be announced for the reception of inquiries and suggestions of students and postgraduate students at the college and they will be answered by the e-mail itself.
We would like to appreciate the vice rector of VRGSSR and deans of CCSIS and DGS for their unlimited support to raise the quality of graduate studies in the college to the degree that the university aspires to. We would also like to thank our colleagues (vice deans and department heads) for their support and participation in our humble efforts to carry out the mission required by VD4GS&SR in accordance with the university bylaws and regulations. We will never hesitate to open our ears, eyes, and minds to receive and react upon to any suggestions, criticisms, or corrections that arrive at the VD4GS&SR either from the deanship of CCIS, DGS, departments, professors, and/or graduate students in the college. Finaly, I would like to thank everyone who is working in the VD4GS&SR, whether they are members of committees, employees, technicians, or graduate students. We wish all of us the useful knowledge and success and Allah (s.w.t.) is the guide to the correct path.
Yousef A. Alotaibi
Leadership and excellence in graduate studies and scientific research.
- Providing distinguished services for postgraduate students and researchers.
- Continuous development of graduate programs through the adoption of international standards.
- Supporting academic departments to develop their research programs.
- Improve the quality of the performance of students of higher studies, researchers, and faculty.
- Linking graduate studies and scientific research to community issues related to the disciplines of the departments.
- To consolidate and strengthen the ethics emanating from the true Islamic religion and academic practices.
- Creative leadership through excellence, responsibility, creativity and the spirit of teamwork.
Functions of the College Agency for Graduate Studies and Scientific Research
- Follow up the college policy for graduate studies and scholarships and implementation
- Supervision of the review of admission requirements in the programs of graduate studies and development.
- Supervising the graduate studies in the college and its tests and committees.
- Coordination with faculty units in all relevant fields.
- Chairing committees of the Agency and submit its report to the concerned authorities.
- Supervising the activities of the induction program for postgraduate students and following up on their implementation.
- Supervising the activities of the College in the field of scientific research and the development of its capacity.
- Oversee the development of the research strategy and plan, and develop mechanisms to implement it in the college.
- Oversee the provision of material support for research from the University and from outside the university.
- Receiving and following up the needs of the departments of researchers, faculty members and repeaters in different disciplines.
- Supervising the follow-up of my college graduates abroad.
- Receive the files of graduate students applying to the Deanship of Graduate Studies and distributing them to different departments in the college.
- Receive the departmental decisions regarding postgraduate applications and send them to the Deanship of Postgraduate Studies after being approved by the College Council.
- Supervising the applications for postponement and apology from non-study, as well as deletions and additions in accordance with the regulations and decisions issued in this regard for postgraduate students.
- Coordinating with the Deanship of Scientific Research at the University and the Research Center and obtaining support for it.
- Coordination with the Department of attracting faculty members and researchers at the university in relation to the process of polarization.
- Encouraging the establishment of distinguished practical chairs or research centers.
- Provide periodic reports to the Dean of the College on the progress of his units in accordance with the tasks assigned, and the difficulties encountered.
- Supervision of the units of the agency.
- Supervising the implementation of the assigned subjects related to graduate studies and scientific research.
- Follow-up updating the College's website with regard to its agency and its administrative units.
- Executing the duties assigned by the Dean of the College.
- Joint PhD Programs
- Regular Masters Program
- Master Program Parallel
The College offers a number of specializations in the PhD and Master's degrees as shown in the following table:
|Computer Science||Master and PhD||Male and Female Students|
|Computer Engineering||Master and PhD||Male and Female Students|
|Information Systems||Master and PhD||Male and Female Students|
|Software Engineering||Masters||Male and Female Students|
|Information Technology||Masters||Female Students|
Admission to Graduate Programs
Lecturers and returners
- The conditions and controls for attending lectures and assignments inside:
- To have academic acceptance.
- To be advanced to study the PhD degree has spent at least one year according to one of the following officers:
- Must have spent at least one year from the date of her appointment at King Saud University as a lecturer.
- Must have spent at least one year as of the date of obtaining a master's degree and is a job as a lecturer at King Saud University and did not rise to the post of lecturer after obtaining a master's degree.
- To be developed for doctoral study has published at least one research in the field of specialization.
- Language proficiency (PBT) with a level of (550) five hundred and fifty or the equivalent of other language tests.
- To pass the capacity test with a score of (80) eighty.
- Joint external supervision program for lectures
- Forms related to lecturers and lecturers.
- List of scholarships and training for university staff.
- Models related to emitters.
- The VD4GS&SR would also like to share with the viewers some of its histories in statistical form. The following are the charts displaying the past efforts done by VD4GS&SR and even general information about the Masters and PhDs.
|1||1434-35||1435-36||1436-37||1437-38||1438-39||Masters General Info||PhD General Info|