Master of Science in Information Technology (Courses option)
The M.Sc. in IT program is a unique opportunity to equip the graduates with the advanced skills in identifying the up-to-date real world problems, designing of technological information solutions, developing the appropriate solutions in the fields of business, health, education, research and communications fields. It was established in 1435. The program provides in-depth exposure to various Information Technology specializations. Students will develop deep theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in specific areas so that they will have the intellectual and conceptual experience to play leading roles in the development of the information technology industry; including a number of core and elective courses in the areas of advanced web technologies and applications, advanced networks security, cloud computing and mobile computing, big data analytics, semantic and social web, usability and user experience, eBusiness, eGovernement, eLearning, multimedia applications, data mining, natural language processing, advanced IT project management.
Master of Science in Information Technology.
Passing (36) study units of master’s courses including the project as follows:
|Type of Courses||No. of Courses||No. of Units Required|
|Core Courses||5||15 Units|
|Research Project||2||6 Units|
|Total||12||(36) Study units|
The Master of Science in Information Technology Program's Educational Objectives are:
- Provide a technical body of knowledge that will allow students to analyze, design, deploy, maintain and manage Information Technology in large organizations.
- Provide a course of study that will allow professionals to pursue either thesis or project approach to Information Technology.
- Introduce graduates to the community with advanced IT standards, communication skills and ethical values.
- Encourage students to enhance their career by exposing them to wide range of the topics and applications in the field.
- Establish innovative knowledge transfer into technology business Startup incubators.
- Establish research groups in order to provide graduate students to perform research activities and present research at international venues.
In addition to the admission requirements mentioned in the unified regulations for graduate studies in Saudi universities and the organizational and executive rules and procedures for postgraduate studies at King Saud University, the department requires the following to enroll in the program:
- Applicant must have a bachelor’s degree in information technology, information systems, computer science, software engineering, or computer engineering from King Saud University or an accredited university; such disciplines as computer education, information studies, or management information systems are not accepted.
- Applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of a Very Good” GPA or “3.75/5” or equivalent
- A score of at least (6) in the TOEFL-IBT test or equivalent
- A score of at least (70) in the General Aptitude Test (the Quantitative section) or at least (144) in the GRE-Quantitative